Butter Chicken Sliders
Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani is an Indian dish and contains a creamy, aromatic and spiced tomato curry sauce. The sauce itself is quite easy to make and as much as I love to make it from scratch, I don’t mind trying out genuine store bought sauces that tastes just as good. So for this easy recipe, I used the Butter Masala Makhani by Chai n Masala which creates a flavourful and aromatic Butter Chicken in only ten minutes! I decided not to eat this the traditional way by serving it with rice and naan (more work) but instead I went for sliders. Hence, the only real work I did, was buying some sliders, making a yoghurt, cucumber & coriander sauce and assemble the dish.
For extra crunch, I added a Chatpati Bhel which is a delicious mixture of puffed rice, sev (thick noodles made from Gram Flour) and paapdi (crunchy salty wafers) and peanuts. Chatpati Bhel can also be eaten as a snack as well, when you add tomatoes, boiled potatoes, green chili and onions. Hope you'll try out this easy delicious cheat meal!
>> Need another bun recipe? Do give these Hoisin Pulled Chicken w/ Bao Buns are try! They are flavourful and stuffed with juicy pulled chicken.
Butter Chicken Sliders
- Prep: 15
- Total: 20
NOTE: this recipe makes two slider buns
- 2 small chicken filets (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- Butter Masala Makhani by Chai n Masala (I used half a package)
- 2 tbsp of thick yoghurt
- 1 baby cucumber (thinly sliced)
- fresh coriander (as much as you like)
- a few slices of red onion
- a few slices of red chili (optional)
- Chatpati Bhel* (optional)
- 2 sliders (buns)
*If you can’t find Chatpati Bhel use some papadums
1. Prepare your Butter Chicken according to the package instruction.
2. In the meantime, make your yoghurt, cucumber and coriander sauce. You can add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt & pepper and a bit of garam masala if you like a more spiced sauce.
3. Toast your bread and assemble your sliders by placing the chicken first. Then add a few slices of red onion, yoghurt sauce, Chatpati Bhel, chili and fresh coriander. Serve immediately and enjoy!
TIP: Veganize this meal by adding tofu to the sauce and replacing the yoghurt for a soy alternative.
If you make my recipes please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!