Homemade salad dressings are so easy to make and keep well in the fridge for a couple of days. And what better way to use this season’s fruit in our salad and even dressings?
When I came up with this Raspberry Dressing, I worked together with King Rijstolie, a rice oil which is perfect for cooking, frying, marinating and salad dressings! So, I obviously had to experiment myself and see if this was actually the case. The oil tastes neutral and doesn’t give an overpowering smell or aftertaste. Thus, it’s perfect for those fruity dressings.
The Raspberry Dressing that I came up with, is made with fresh raspberries, both sweet and savoury and naturally sweetened with organic honey which I got from the farm across my house. I’ve paired this quick and easy dressing with mixed salad leaves, green apples (for more tartness), toasted walnuts for crunch, creamy goat’s cheese, chives and of course more fresh berries. I could seriously eat heaps of this salad and I hope I can convince you too. Enjoy!
- Prep: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
For the Raspberry Dressing:
- 2 tbsp of King Rijstolie (rice oil or sunflower oil)
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp of organic honey (use agave syrup if you want to veganize this dressing)
- ¼ cup of fresh raspberries
- salt & pepper to taste
For the salad:
- mixed salad leaves
- 1 green apple
- walnuts (toasted)
- goat’s cheese (you can also use vegan feta cheese)
- In a bowl smash the fresh raspberries with a fork and add the oil first. Mix until the oil and raspberries are incorporated. Then add the rest of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Sieve the dressing for a smooth and seedless result. Add salt & pepper to taste. If you’re going use the dressing later then stir/shake well before serving.
- Prepare you salad by washing the leaves, slicing the apples into thin wavers, toasting the walnuts and garnish the lot with some chunks of goat’s cheese, chives and of course the Raspberry Dressing. Enjoy!
If you make my recipes please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!