- Prep: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
NOTE: This Tortilla serves about 2-3 persons.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 small potatoes (peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 1 white onion (cut into slices)
- 1 spring onion (cut into slices)
- 1 tsp garlic powder / 2 freshly grated garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Pimenton
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste / chicken stock cube
- In a non-stick pan add the olive oil and cook the onions om medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until they are caramelized.
- Then add the sliced potatoes and stir well for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes cover the pan with a lid and cook the potatoes on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime crack the eggs in a bowl and season with garlic powder, Pimenton, chili powder and salt & pepper or a chicken stock cube. Also add the spring onion. Mix well.
- After 15-20 minutes add the potatoes and onions to the eggs and stir carefully. Transfer the mixture to the pan and cook the tortilla for another 15-20 minutes on a low heat. Turn it over after 10 minutes by sliding it on a plate. Then put the pan on top of the plate and turn it over to cook it further.
- When the tortilla is done serve with aioli, bread and a salad. I love to eat mine with a generous smear of aioli and some pickled gherkins and marinates olives
NOTE: My Tortilla isn't as thick as the authentic Spanish version, because I like to eat mine with bread as well. If you want a thicker tortilla use a smaller pan. Mine pan was about 24 cm / 9 inch.
- Prepare this Tortilla the night before and heat it up in a pan/oven. It’s also delicious cold.
- Serve with homemade or store-bought aioli.
- Use a smaller pan to create a thick and authentic Spanish Torttilla.
If you make my recipes please tag me in them and use #thespicedchickpearecipes. I'd love to see what you've made!